A few days ago Kristy was so kind to nominate me for the Liebster award. It’s only been about six months since I started blogging so I’m obviously very flattered. Thank you Kristy 🙂
I’ve agreed to answer a few questions about myself, which I’m more than happy to do 🙂
- Do you have a bias? Who? and Why?
Regular readers of my blog will know that my ultimate bias is no one other than Song Seung Heon. I watched him the first time in 남자가 사랑할 때 which just popped up on Netflix, when I was randomly searching for a Korean drama last summer. Since then I’ve seen just about anything he’s ever made, and I am still hungry for more. He has a couple of movies coming out soon, but I simply need him to make more dramas. More dramas mean more screen time 🙂
For those of you who haven’t heard of him or just wondering why I can’t get enough of him, here’s a great little clip where he poses in some cool outfits for a cover shoot for Korean Arena magazine: You’re welcome 😉
- Which song/drama best describes your life story?
See, here I would like to be able to say “My Princess” with Kim Tae Hee and Song Seung Heon. While I am certainly no princess, I really connect with Kim Tae Hee’s character being so insecure at first, well into her 20s not knowing exactly what to do in her life, and then finally meeting the guy of her dreams (who in the beginning annoys her greatly). In many ways their chemistry reminds me of how I felt when I first met my husband. For the first 3 weeks his arrogance, self-contentment, and quick wit annoyed me tremendously. That is, until I realized that I was only annoyed because I had developed a major crush on him 😉
- What did you want to be when you were a kid?
As a child I had a lot of dreams, I wanted to be a doctor, a vet, a teacher, a journalist/writer. I eventually realized that doctors sometimes have to deal with really sick people, and vets have to put animals to sleep. I guess that’s how I ended up becoming a college professor who blogs in her spare time 🙂
- Have you ever thought that it would be cool to be of the opposite gender once in a while, and why/ why not.
Sure, but not after growing up. As a young girl I remember thinking that boys were allowed to do more things, so back then I used to think that life would have been more fun if I were a boy.
- If you had a million dollars, what would you do tomorrow morning?
I would quit my job and move to Korea without blinking! Since I would have a million dollars I would spend a romantic week at a luxury resort in Jeju with my husband before settling into a cool Seoul apartment (I’m actually not sure how far a million dollars will get me in terms of Seoul real estate) 🙂
- If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
Hoping not to offend anyone, I would ban smoking in all public places.
- Jjajangmyun or Jjampong? (sorry if you don’t know what this is. If you haven’t tried it I recommend finding a Korean restaurant which offers it ASAP so yummy. hehe but warning Jjampong is spicy)
Unfortunately I haven’t tasted any of them but they are both on my bucket list for when I visit Korea next time.
- What is the song stuck in your head right now?
Not that I heard it recently, but I got a stern gaze from my husband earlier today for humming the tune to Gee Gee Gee by Girls Generation 😉
- Summer or Winter?
Definitely summer! I do appreciate the beauty of a frozen winter landscape, but on my side of the globe winter means less than 7 hours of daylight, so… I’m a summer person. (Though my favorite season of all time is the fall).
- A style you think is pretty crazy, but would try it if you didn’t have to risk the embarrassment.
I really liked the cute outfits Kim Tae Hee wore in My Princess. They are not exactly suitable for my daily life, but they are just so darn cute and feminine. Even though I wouldn’t actually wear such outfits, I did buy some similar hair bands in Korea just to make myself feel a little more like a princess 😉
- Who is your favorite Korean celebrity and why?
- Which Korean song can you have on repeat for over an hour without getting tired of it?
- Where did you want to travel when you were a kid?
- If you weren’t doing your current job/study what would you do?
- What is your favorite word of all time (Korean or English)?
- Which sound is the best sound in the world?
- What is your favorite ramyun flavor?
- Which makeup item would you never leave your home without wearing?
- What is your favorite method for learning Korean
- What would you do if you won a million dollars?